Dogs are one of the most loyal and loving companions that one can have. They are not just pets, but they become a part of the family. Many people prefer to adopt a dog, but some prefer to buy fully trained dogs for sale. This is because they want a dog that is already trained and can be easily integrated into their household. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about fully trained dogs for sale.
What are fully trained dogs?
Fully trained dogs are those dogs that have already been trained in basic obedience and may also have specialized training in areas such as protection, hunting, or search and rescue. These dogs have been trained by professional dog trainers and have undergone a rigorous training process to develop their skills and abilities.
Types of fully trained dogs
There are various types of fully trained dogs available for sale, depending on the breed and the type of training they have undergone. Some common types of fully trained dogs include:
- Obedience-trained dogs: These are dogs that have been trained in basic obedience commands such as sit, stay, come, and heel. They are trained to respond to verbal commands and hand signals.
- Protection-trained dogs: These dogs have been trained to protect their owners and their property. They are trained in advanced obedience and attack commands and can be used for personal or home protection.
- Hunting dogs: These dogs have been trained to hunt various types of game such as birds, rabbits, and deer. They are trained to retrieve game, track scents, and follow commands from their owners.
- Search and rescue dogs: These dogs are trained to locate and rescue people who are lost or trapped. They are trained to track scents, navigate through difficult terrain, and follow commands from their handlers.
Advantages of buying fully trained dogs
- Time-saving: Training a dog can take a lot of time and effort. Buying a fully trained dog saves you the time and effort required to train a dog from scratch.
- Consistent behavior: Fully trained dogs have consistent behavior and are less likely to exhibit unwanted behaviors such as chewing or barking excessively.
- Trained for specific purposes: If you need a dog for a specific purpose such as hunting or protection, buying a fully trained dog ensures that you get a dog that is trained for that specific purpose.
- Expert training: Fully trained dogs have been trained by professional dog trainers who have the knowledge and expertise to train dogs effectively.
Disadvantages of buying fully trained dogs
- Cost: Fully
trained dogs are generally more expensive than untrained dogs. This is because of the time, effort, and expertise required to train a dog to a high level of skill.
- Limited bonding time: Training a dog is a great way to bond with them. Buying a fully trained dog means that you miss out on this bonding time.
- Adjustment period: When you bring a new dog into your home, there is always an adjustment period. This can be especially challenging with a fully trained dog as they may have been trained differently than what you are used to.
- Health concerns: Some fully trained dogs may have been trained using aversive methods that can lead to health concerns such as anxiety or aggression.
Where to find fully trained dogs for sale?
There are several ways to find fully trained dogs for sale. Some options include:
- Breeders: Some breeders specialize in breeding and training dogs for specific purposes such as protection or hunting.
- Professional dog trainers: Some professional dog trainers may have fully trained dogs available for sale.
- Rescue organizations: Some rescue organizations may have fully trained dogs available for adoption or sale.
- Online marketplaces: There are several online marketplaces that specialize in selling fully trained dogs.
Tips for buying fully trained dogs
- Research the breeder or trainer: Before buying a fully trained dog, it is important to research the breeder or trainer to ensure that they have a good reputation and use humane training methods.
- Meet the dog in person: It is important to meet the dog in person before buying to ensure that there is a good fit between you and the dog.
- Ask for training documentation: Ask the breeder or trainer for documentation of the dog’s training to ensure that they have been trained to the level that you require.
- Consider the dog’s temperament: Consider the dog’s temperament to ensure that it is a good fit for your lifestyle and household.
Fully trained dogs for sale are a great option for those who want a dog that is already trained and can be easily integrated into their household. When buying a fully trained dog, it is important to research the breeder or trainer, meet the dog in person, and consider the dog’s temperament. While there are some disadvantages to buying a fully trained dog, the advantages such as time-saving and expert training make it a great option for many dog owners.